Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Yesterday was so crazy

So...yesterday was a day full of wet weather, that was great! That wasn't the crazy part. The crazy part was after my shower I was getting dressed and all of a sudden I hear a loud voice saying, "John, this is the sheriffs department. We have a warrant for your arrest, come out with your hands up. We don't want to hurt you or your family. John, this is the sheriffs department..." I was like, what the heck? I ran to the front door and looked out and there was the sheriffs car next door in my neighbors yard. My neighbors name isn't John, as far as I've ever been told, but they were at my neighbors house with an arrest warrant. How crazy was that? It kinda freaked me out...we've had these neighbors for years and I knew that they had their ups and downs and right now it was alot of downs...but golly...that was something that I've never experienced before. It was an ongoing saga that lasted for a little while with the sheriffs trying to get him to come out and finally getting him to and then taking his wife out in handcuffs too. They have a son and I don't know where he was/is...but it was so surreal to have that happen. I've been wondering if they were still over there and wondering if they would be staying our neighbors...we'll see if they do stay there or not. I don't know anything that happened with him getting arrested...don't need to know...but I feel so bad for them that they are in this place. We may never know what happened but it was just so crazy to me.

Anyway...other than that craziness next door...I enjoyed my day home with my family and going out for a little while with my sweet husband. Chuck and I went out while the sheriffs were next door taking care of whatever they had to do after getting the two people in custody (the wife had slammed the door after the husband was outside and wouldn't let the cops in - eventually she came out - but Michael saw the police try to break the door down). Anyway...Chuck and I braved the flooded roads and rain and went to town for lunch and so I could get some gifts for a baby shower that I am helping to put on this Thursday. It was nice to spend time with Chuck though and get a break just the two of us.

Then on the way home I got a hold of Catherine and asked her if she, Christina, Ray, and the kids wanted to come over for clam chowder. They said yes so we had a nice evening with all of the family together. I enjoyed it so much. I love my sweet family so much! Ariana was excited to make something from a kids cookbook that Christina had gotten for her...they made it at my house and she was so excited. It was so cute...she did a good job too. We all enjoyed her "Ladybugs".

So, school was closed today due to all of the snow in Wrightwood so I get a day off and am planning on going to Christina's and enjoying my girls and grandchildren. So...off to get ready for a fun day with my girls. They boys college classes started up today (YEA!!!) and Chuck was able to get through to work. So...off for fun!!!

No comments: