So...yesterday Chuck and I went down to Yorba Linda to our friends house so I could continue working on my new faire outfit. I am so excited to get it done. We have been doing Rennaissance Faire for the last 18 years or so and it's time for me to have a new outfit for it. This time my friend Mary is helping me, she's a costume diva, and it is turning out so gorgeous! I am so excited to get it done and share it on my blog. We ended up getting to our friends at 11 am and got home around 10 pm last night. Yes, it makes for a long day in which Chuck is sitting waiting around for me to sew and get my things done. He is so sweet to sit and so patiently wait for me to be ready to leave and come home. It takes us an hour to get to our friends so it's not like he can just leave me and come back. It's so fun though...sitting there with other women working on their new outfits and visiting while we sew. It's great because you get the kudos and oohs and ahs as things get done and that makes it even better. We get to admire each others work and get the professional help we need as we do it...so much fun!
It was great when we got home and realized that there was at least 3 inches of snow up higher here in Pinon Hills. None at our house, but still fun to see the snow further up the road anyway. It's crazy because Phelan didn't get the snow this time, just Pinon Hills...that's pretty rare for us here.
My two son's are just the best! While we were down in Yorba Linda they were over babysitting their nephews and neice so Christina and Ray could go to a wedding and reception. I was so grateful to the boys for helping Christina and Ray so I could go down and work on my sewing project. They did a great job even though it was harder for Ariana...she's shy and I think would have enjoyed having her grandma around too. They all did fine though and my boys are so sweet to take care of the kids.
So...it's Sunday and time to relax and work on some beading on my skirts. I love Sundays and getting to spend time with my family. It's just the best day as I get to go to church and then spend the rest of the day homme with the family. I just love to feel the peaceful feeling of a Sunday and the special spirit that is part of a Sunday for me. Such a beautiful day, even with the rain clouds and all outside. Well...off to spend time with the family.
Almost another year older.
13 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment