Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Another day off, yippee!!!

I sure enjoyed having yesterday off from work. It was a crazy day with the weather, snow and all, but I sure was glad to be home and be able to get some things done. I have so much sewing to do and keep feeling like I'm hitting a road block when I sit down to do it. I have two shirts to make, one for chuck and one for me and I just keep putting it off. I got things organized yesterday so I now know what is cut out, what isn't, and how to proceed. I got my corset sewn together and now have to get the grommets and boning put in it. I can't wait to get that done because then I can get to work on my bodice and I am running out of time to get this all done. I am so incredibly grateful for my friend Mary and all of the help she has given me in this journey. Without Mary I wouldn't be even half way done and would be really stressing out with all the work that needs to be done. I feel so blessed to have so many sweet people in my life. I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for all of thse blessings he has given me.

My friend, Jeff, is going to make my hat for me. It will cost me $75 to have it made but he is an award winning costume designer and well worth it. I was a bit shocked at the amount of money for a little hat, I don't spend money like that, especially on a hat, but it will so be worth it! I am excited to get it made and all.

Well...I need to get going and get some things printed for relief society. I love my calling as secretary and it keeps me pretty busy. I am amazed when I am thanked for all of my hard work when I don't feel like I am working that hard in my calling. I guess I do, but it's all something that I enjoy, I guess that's the difference, huh? :)

Oh, another thing great about yesterday is that Christina, Ray, the grandkids, and Catherine all came over. It was a crazy afternoon because I got upset and then that snowballs to everyone else so they were here when tension was still in the air, but it was so great to have them over anyway. I love to see my family and spend time with my sweet grandchildren. Later in the evening I was sitting down holding Camden and I sat there thinking how much holding my grandkids makes me calmer. If I get uptight or upset it really calms my heart and soul to be with my grandchildren. They are so amazing, I am so incredibly grateful for them! Thanks Christina and Ray for making my life even more joyful with sweet, incredible grandchildren! I so look forward to more grandchildren in the appropriate time. They are such a blessing as are my incredible family!

No comments: