Monday, December 8, 2008

My Home feels like Christmas, finally!

I am happy to say that yes, we have a decorated tree in our living room and many other decorations making our home feel festive. It feels like Christmas, finally. I loved putting up my nativities, yes, I have more than one. I put out the one that my dear mother and father made for me many years ago...I treasure it as mom is no longer with us. Then I put up the one that we got from my dear in-laws that was made in Ghana, Accra, West Africa. They purchased it while on their mission there. I love it and display it every year. It looks great atop Chucks chess board that he made many years ago.

It was nice to have Catherine here to help put decorations on the tree, then Daniel hung some, and finally Michael got a chance. Chuck put the angel on top of the tree so it is complete and beautiful if I do say so myself.

I have been busy with making aprons for Christmas. I started with making some for my sweet grandchildren and have expanded it from there to family and friends. It is such an easy pattern and I am really enjoying sewing.

I love Christmas time and the giving spirit that is present. It's a year to be frugal but still fun to give.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Awww I love Christmas too!! I'm glad you got your place in order. Want to come help me with mine?? I have to get it in order before my surgery otherwise John and the kids won't have much of a Christmas!

By the way..I *Love* that photo of you and chuck with the grandkiddos!