Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas Sunday was a very busy day

I can't believe how busy it was yesterday...but it was Christmas Sunday so that should explain it all. First we had our Sacrament Meeting program where Chuck, Daniel, and I all sang in the choir and Chuck had a speaking part in the meeting. Then we went to set up for Relief Society as we have a special program in Relief Society every year and we had to set up the tables for cookies for afterwards.

During Sunday School I went off to rehearse with Kathryn Tait and Donne Pratt with whom I sang a trio for Relief Society. It was the most surprising thing for me when I spoke with Donne before sacrament meeting and she told me that she had rehearsed the 2nd Soprano part all week and that was the one that I had rehearsed also. I found out that I was going to be singing the Alto part and hadn't practiced it but once at home...whew...I had such a small amount of time to learn the alto part for "Angels We Have Heard on High"...a 3 part version. So...after starting to help with the set up for the cookies we went off to practice. We rehearsed our part, made sure the tables and cookies were taken care of (and they were thanks to Kim Long and Nicole Slapper and other helpful people and off to our program.

Chuck and Daniel sang a duet "O Holy Night" and that made me cry as it was so beautiful and next year Daniel will be out on his mission for the church...it was so awesome to hear my two guys singing so beautifully, they have the most amazing voices! Then Kathryn, Donne, and I sang our song and was told by others that it sounded great...that was a relief as I am so scared to sing in a trio so that was a good experience.

Well, after the program we went in for the cookie refreshment for the entire ward and then clean up, rush home, eat, and off to tithing settlement then off to the stake choir Christmas program. We participated in the program, waited once again for people to eat cookies, collected our belongings and finally got home for the evening.

Catherine stayed the night over here last night so we got to enjoy spending time as a family watching "Iron Chef America" too.

We are all so glad that this isn't a normal day for us...we do enjoy a slower pace around here.

Whew...it was a busy day!

No comments: