Well, today we left our sunny yet cold home and came up to even COLDER Cedar City for the night. We will complete our journey to Alpine tomorrow morning. We figured this was a good break for all of us instead of going all 10 hours or more today. I got up at 6:45 am and proceeded to get things done so I could get ready to leave for Utah. My dear sweet husband got up about 7 am and was ready by 8 am...not me, 10:15 or so and I was finally ready to get in the car and go. My poor husband was ready and waiting and it was so fun for him to wait, and wait, and wait (we won't go into that). Anyway...we get on the freeway and Chuck is driving boy did we get the traffic from heck! Poor guy, it was pretty miserable all the way to Baker, then I took over driving and it was pretty much a breeze to Vegas. Chuck took over again to Mesquite and then my turn to Cedar City.
It is so cold up here, it was about 14 degrees out when we got here and the streets are a bit icy as is the parking lot.
Christina, Ray, and the kids are here at the hotel with us as we are all spending the time together with family this week. Poor Michael and Catherine are staying home to work and take care of the houses...we will miss them. Work is such a blessing though, especially with todays economy.
Anyway...we walk across the street to Denny's for dinner and guess who gets to slip and go to one knee in the middle of the icy street...that's right, ME! I was holding Ariana's hand and my foot slipped and down I went. Daniel had to come back and get Ari and help me to stand up, good since two cars were coming at me...so embarrassing! We got our dinner, finally, and Camden was so crabby...he was done with being out and wanted to be stable in the room. We get back to our rooms and Camden is another baby, he's squealing and happy and so much fun now! Oh, I forgot to mention that we got adjoining rooms with a door in between so it's open and the kids get to run back and forth. Ray and I made separate reservations so I was so thrilled it worked out this way...it's so much better than running back and forth on the icy walk ways.
So...this is our day and evening, fun times spent with family. I look forward to this week visiting with mine and Chuck's family and just enjoying each others company. It's supposed to be beautiful up here, albeit colder than snot...but it will be great!
Almost another year older.
13 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment