Saturday, December 20, 2008

My boys dug our cars out

I am so grateful to my boys for getting our driveway dug out and now we can actually drive down the driveway and Chuck got the cars driven out. It is so nice to be able to get in the car and make it to where we want to go. of course, Chuck backed my car up and I saw that it was leaking oil...OH NO! I was so freaked out because it shouldn't be doing that, it's in good condition. A friend in the ward came over and looked at the car and reassured me that it is probably an oil pump and we'll have it towed in to Loveland Automotive on Monday and get it looked at. Okay, I can breathe again...that's my baby...I hate it when there are car troubles of any kind.

So today I made 2 batches of my delicious fudge and now am making some pumpkin/chocolate chip cookies for church tomorrow and choir program tomorrow night. So far my guys like it...it's like a german cookie that Chuck really enjoys. They turned out delicious but we will have many more than I planned on so yummy, we get some extra cookies to keep at home and enjoy. The recipe is from my sister-in-laws cookbook and they are her moms recipe...thanks Sister Rushing!

Michael was able to get to work tonight so that is good...he can't afford to not be there. I have some music to go in and rehearse for tomorrow...singing in a trio for the Relief Society program. It should be fun though, I am looking forward to it. Choir in sacrament meeting first so it's a busy day.

I can't believe that Christmas is almost here. It always comes up so quickly though. I sure love the Christmas holidays.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

We just started our Christmas baking. We started with divinity, which is always so touchy. It's very frustrating, but hopefully I can get some cookies made if we can go to church tomorrow! Fun times...I don't know if I like snow any more!