I LOVE IT!!! It's cold outside and we had snow...that means 2 days off from work thanks to snow days! I was hoping for some as I have so much to get done before Christmas and this gives me some more time at home. It's hard for Chuck as he couldn't get to work yesterday due to the freeway and highway being closed but today he left very early to get through the icy roads and made it to work. I know he was giving his students a test today so it was important he was there. He does good getting through in bad weather but sometimes it just doesn't work. On Monday Christina and the kids came over as Ariana wanted to see the snow and theirs was melting. Well, ours did too, but they got to see the snow up in town and wanted to play in it. It was about a foot deep so Christina didn't want to wrangle 3 small children in the snow on the side of the road with cars getting stuck...so...they came over to Grandma's and that was okay with the kids anyway. Fun shows and all make grandma and grandpas house more fun. Catherine came over also so we had a fun time. I got Christina and Catherine busy on the "cricut" with me and had fun getting a Christmas gift made...some things we cut out were a pain to deal with but I thought it was fun.
On Saturday Catherine and I went down to Victoria Gardens as Catherine hasn't been there before and needed to go to Lane Bryant. That too was enjoyable. The weather was coming in and it looked bad going down there (big dark clouds) but it ended up being windy, cold, but nice. Then that night we went to our ward Christmas party and got to enjoy spending time together as a family. I love it when I get to spend time with my children/grandchildren. It's what makes life so beautiful!
So, back to today. I get the time to make several batches of fudge and get gifts wrapped and relax here at home. It's going to be a great day!!! Also there is the possibility of more snow tonight so who knows, maybe another "Snow Day" tomorrow...yippee!!!
Almost another year older.
13 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment