Wednesday, December 17, 2008

It's SNOWING Outside!

I am so excited...it is SNOWING outside, and I mean SNOWING! We have at least a foot of snow outside of our door. I woke up at 4:30 am and it was a light dusting of snow...not much at all. Then I woke up again at 9:15 am and there was at least 6 inches out there. I couldn't believe how much snow fell in that amount of time, and it just keeps going. The desert is so pretty when there is so much snow outside, it's so beautiful. There is about 2 feet up in Phelan and more to fall today, it hasn't let up yet. Our poor dogs are out in it but they have their houses to go into and are staying under the pine tree to stay warm.

My granddaughter, Ariana, has been wanting to play in the snow and was upset that she couldn't when it snowed on Monday, but today there is nothing stopping her except for frozen hands after being in the snow for a few minutes. We figured she was praying for snow to play in and boy does she have it. All of my grandchildren are so excited to be playing in the snow...I just love it.

The best part of it snowing out here is that it melts pretty quickly but it's enough to enjoy it. It looks like there won't be school tomorrow either, that will be 4 days in a row...too much snow for them to have school tomorrow. Then we would have maybe 1 day, Friday, for school and then two weeks off for Christmas break. I'm glad that I am about ready for Christmas as the weather isn't helping it at all.

Anyway, it's so great to have some beautiful snow in our area and I am loving it. Chuck got up this morning and was going to go to work but wisely chose to stay home. If he had gone to work he wouldn't have made it home, he would have had to stay in a hotel instead. So...good man that he is he is home and it's great to all be here together.

So, we will continue to try to stay warm and enjoy our beautiful snow day.

No comments: