Last night was my Christmas work party and the first work Christmas party that I have been to...I have been working for the school district for about 12 years now. I am working for school police as a SARB Technician and there are only 8 of us in the office. Mostly it is just the secretary and I as the officers are out doing their jobs...monitoring the school sites and doing traffic around the schools. So...I knew that with a small office I needed to go ahead and attend the office party. We went to "On the Border" restaurant in Victorville and had drawn names so we could bring a gift for the one person we drew. I just knew that I would get the name I got so wasn't surprised when I did. I was glad though because he is a nice guy, but all of the officers I work with are. Anyway...I took the gift and headed to the party. I wanted my husband to come too but it was "employees" only so I went alone. I got there and found it was so much fun. The food was okay, I don't think I'll eat there again, but I enjoy the people I work with and having a nice dinner with them was great too. We exchanged gifts after dinner and I got the one thing I really wanted from the person that had my name...a willow tree figurine...I was so happy. He really took the time to find the one I wanted and had to go to four different stores for it, I thought it was so sweet of him to take the time to go around and find the one that I requested when he could have just as easily gotten me a gift certificate. Then our boss gave us each a gift with some lottery tickets. I don't buy lottery tickets so he told me I could give them to the others but I told him no, I would scratch them. I won $2 also, pretty good! I still won't buy them though... :) Anyway...we got a bag full of goodies from our boss and then he bought us our dinner. That was so nice of him and totally unexpected. I think mine was the cheapest as I don't drink alcohol...lol...but, it was very enjoyable and I am glad I went.
I am so grateful for a good office to work in and a boss that I know and love (we've known my boss for about 16 years or so). The Lord has blessed me in my work environment and I am so thankful for that.
Almost another year older.
13 years ago





1 comment:
You're too funny, I'm glad you had a good time though. :D
Post a Comment