Monday, May 18, 2009

Rennaissance Faire

So we just completed the 7 weekends of doing Rennaissance Faire in mostly good weather, a few days of HOT weather. I must say it has been a lot of fun spending time with our friends at faire on Saturdays. We have been a part of Renn Faire for about 21 years now with a few years off in between. Chuck has always been a herald at faire and I, of course, play his wife there.

I had a new outfit this year, I made it, and it was so nice to have an outfit that wasn't so HOT and HEAVY...it was made of brocade and light weight material so I didn't die of the heat out there. I have many thanks to give to my friend, Mary Wine, for her helping me to get my outfit made in time. She is a goddess in sewing and creating patterns out of nothing. She is so amazing in her talents in sewing...I have sewn since I was 14 years old and still have so much to learn...Mary taught me so much! I am now looking forward to making a square neck chemise and new sleeves.

Anyway...faire was so much fun and it was great seeing friends that I have known for so many years. We keep in touch on facebook, some of us, but mostly see each other at faire rehearsals during the off season and then play together at faire for the 7 weekends we do it.

We quit doing faire for a few years and then finally went back with the understanding that we would only attend on Saturdays...Sundays are for family and attending church. I am always happy to be sitting at church on Sunday and feeling the spirit...I know it's where I am supposed to be and spending time with my family. Such a great feeling to have.

It is fun to have an activity that my husband and I both can enjoy together and that brings new friendships and fun into our lives. For this year it is over...I'm glad...it is time consuming...but it is fun for us and quite an experience.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Your Dress Turned Out WONDERFUL!! You definately should be happy with it! :)