Today Ray and Christina atttended the funeral of Rays Grandmother. She is such a good woman and I truly enjoyed her every time I was around her (which wasn't much). Anyway, while they attended the funeral we got to have the grandhcildren over to our house. They got here around 9 am and I loved it. I love my grandchildren and loved having them over. It was decided that they didn't need to be at the funeral of their great-grandmother whom they really didn't know. They would be much more comfortable at grandma and grandpa's house where they could watch television and play and just be comfortable. Uncle Michael and Uncle Daniel were here to watch them also so there was plenty of people around to enjoy their sweet company.
I LOVED having them over and when I had to go to work for a few hours the uncles took over, or I should say, Uncle Michael took over. Uncle Michael did such a great job watching these sweet children and made sure they had their lunch and were doing well. Camden did take a nap on Uncle Daniel so he helped some too...but mostly Michael says it was him. :)
I must say that I was nervous to go to work and leave them with the uncles but their uncles are wonderful guys and took such good care of them. I was so happy to come home and know that I got to enjoy my sweet grandchildren some more. My heart was so happy. I had so much fun just spending time with Ariana, Camden, and Alex. We watched some shows together, ate dinner together, played some, gave them baths, and watched a movie "Sleeping Beauty" together. It was so fun. Then Christina and Ray came around 7:30 to pick them up and we got to visit with them for a while and hear how the day went. It was an emotional day for Christina and Ray but thankfully no big problems happened at the funeral services or afterwards at dinner.
It was just such a pleasure to have the grandchildren over and not have them around all of the sadness of the family as they buried a loved one. I am so glad that we could do this for them.
I must say that I am grateful for my two wonderful sons and their willingness to watch their nephews and niece. They did a great job and the kids enjoyed them and I am so grateful for them. I am so blessed to have such wonderful children and such a great son-in-law. It will be fun to include even more great family members as time goes on.
Daniel is working hard on losing the weight he needs to lose to be able to go on his mission to serve our Lord. It gets so discouraging for him though as he works hard at it and is trying not to feel like a failure of a person because he has to get through this. My heart goes out to my sweet son as he tells me how he feels like he isn't good enough because of his weight and all. He so wants to get his mission papers in and has to wait a little longer. I just don't know what to do to help him except to keep encouraging him and giving him every opportunity to be successful in what he is trying to do. I love him so much!
Almost another year older.
13 years ago





1 comment:
Lydia~ Glad you enjoyed the grandkids. I'm sure they enjoyed staying with the grandparents and uncles :)
As far as Daniel is concerned...
I know it's something he truely wants in his life so he needs to follow his heart and do what he feels he needs to do. Having him get depressed about it (Meaning the weight loss) isn't going to help him in anyway. Encouraging him and having him get out and move about is going to help more and more. Tell him to chase after the grandkids a few days and help Christina out and he'll start losing some of that weight. That's what my brother does. LOL He'll come help me out sometimes and by the time he's done chasing them he know why I'm losing so much weight....it's the non-stop up,down moving all around chasing that helps with my exercise. LOL
I wish I had better help for him. I really love you guys and hate to see him in such a state of mind. I really hope you guys know that....I know we've only met once but it seems like we've known eachother for years! Says alot doesn't it??
Post a Comment