Well, we are home from Utah and we had a great time. The drive home was another matter...we had high winds alot of the way home. We stopped on Friday night in Mesquite and poor Daniel was stuck on the couch bed (he put the mattress on the floor and it was still uncomfortable). Then on Saturday we get on the road again and once again, high winds! Not too much fun dealing with those winds. The wind finally died down and we hit traffic, yep, we thought we would have it easy as we were coming home a day early, Saturday, but no...everyone else thought the same thing. So...we got caught up in traffic and it took us about 7 hours to get home from Mesquite instead of the normal 5. Oh well...we got through and we are home.
Of course, after we got home I had the wonderful job of putting away our Christmas decorations. I walked in the door and wanted to leave again...lol. It's a pain to come home and be faced with all the Christmas put away...but necessary and no, I didn't have time before we left to take care of it as we left the day after Christmas. Oh well...Christmas is put away so I can relax and take care of the many other things that I have to take care of. It was quite a job but it's done for another year.
So...back to work. I had the last 3 weeks off due to a week off from the snow storms in our area so it feels pretty good knowing that we are back to normal with work and all now. Poor Chuck has to miss several days of work due to the snow storm that dumped on us and is back to work on clear from snow roads. I'm sure it was nice for him to get up and leave early and get to work again.
Off to get some things done before I get to leave for work.
Almost another year older.
13 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment