I have been sewing so much the last week...it's so great!!! This last Saturday I went down to Mary Wine's home to get her help in getting my faire outfit started...it has to be done in February and I was feeling totally stuck! So...I finally got ahold of Mary and Chuck and I went down. Mary helped me to figure out, once again, what to do with my overskirt and got me going on it. We cut out a waistband for it (much more involved than you would realize) and then put Chuck to work on cartridge pleating the skirt. While he was doing that for me I worked on my new bum roll for the skirt. It felt so good to be getting things done for my skirts instead of being in my head thinking about what I needed to be done and being unsure of what to do. I have sewn since I was about 11 years old and have made faire dresses before but I was stuck in my head and couldn't get anywhere. Well...being at Mary's I totally got hope in my heart again and am finally moving forward. I can't go to Mary's house again until next Saturday but will have both of my skirts done by then so that we can work on my corset and bodice. So much more to do with those as we have to make mock ups and get the fit right. I've put on a few more pounds since my last outfit so things are a bit more but it will be such a pleasure to have a dress that isn't 50 pounds of material to wear on my body. My new outfit is a lighter material, brocade instead of cadillac velvet, and is going to fit me so much better for the weight and all.
I am so blessed to have Mary in my life and her sweet willingness to help me. We have known Mary for about 23 years now and she is such a good woman. I love her so much and I so much appreciate her willngness to teach me and help me to get my outfit done. She tells me what to do and then I go and sit at my sewing machine at her table and do it. It is so beautiful to me...I love it that I can go and just sit and work on it rather than take a bunch of notes, go home, and forget how and what I'm supposed to do! :) I told Mary that she has given me hope and that's a great thing! I will post pictures after I get the outfit done, it's going to be so BEAUTIFUL!!!
On another note, I have had to make a dress this week for a pioneer skit that I was asked to participate in at the Stake Women's Conference on Saturday. So...I have been working on getting the dress cut out and sewn up (putting aside my faire outfit). It's a sack of a dress that I will be putting on the long apron to make it look like the pioneer dress that it is. Christina is so funny because she told me that if I wear it in public she'll shoot me. I told her I would shoot myself if I wore it in public except for Halloween or the skit and all. It is totally not anything that I would be caught dead in thinking it was good for everyday wear. No way...I know better than that. It will be perfect for what I need it for though and that's what matters. I wanted to make a fancier dress but didn't have the time to do it, especially since I would have to modify the pattern to fit me...I went with the easier pattern instead. I will have to post the end results of that dress too. I think it will be fine though. I am taking a change of clothes for the womens conference though...I don't think I want to keep wearing that dress all morning and especially if I go run some errands while I am in town... lol.
Well...gotta go and get some more sewing done...I'm on a deadline after all. :)
Almost another year older.
13 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment