Tuesday, April 7, 2009

So much going on right now...

It's been a little while and so much is happening in my life right now. First of all I get to go to the dentist today and get a tooth fixed. I noticed on Sunday morning that a side of my tooth is missing. Thankfully I am not in pain with this and figure they will have to put a crown on it, but at least I have insurance and can go in and get it fixed.

My daughter, Catherine, is moving from her sisters in to our home next week. She has been living with her sister since August and it's time for her to leave there and come live here. I am so grateful to Christina for opening her home to her sister and am getting ready for Catherine to move in here. We figured that we would be empty nesters this summer with Michael going to BYU-Provo and Daniel getting out on his mission (don't know when yet) but it doesn't seem to be the way it will be going. It's all good though...I thoroughly enjoy my children and don't mind helping Catherine out. She will be enrolling in the local college to work on more education while she continues with her massage therapy. I think she's looking at nursing eventually but we will see what she decides. That's what we as parents do, right? Help our children when they need it.

Rennaissance Faire has begun and we are busy with that on Saturdays. Friday nights are busy with cooking for it as we take our own food but it's so much fun to go down there and be a part of the magic that is Renn Faire. It's hard though as it takes away from the family on Saturday's but at least we only do it one day a weekend and devote Sunday to church and family. It's been so much work to get to this point with it and I know it will go fast. I am enjoying faire once again and the friendships that we have with people down there. I just hope that we set a good example of the Gospel and Jesus Christ...that's all I can do is try to set that example for those that we are around. They know we are LDS and respect us for our actions and beliefs. It's all good.

Daniel is waiting to interview with the stake president so his mission papers are submitted to Salt Lake. It has been a while in coming as he works hard on losing the weight he has to lose to go on his mission. He works out 4 days a week at the college and is working so hard. It will be such a blessing for him to get his mission call and be able to get on with his life and get his mission served. I love Daniel so much and will miss my youngest son but am so grateful that he wants to go and serve the Lord. He is such an amazing young man. I am so proud of you Daniel!

Life is challenging in some ways right now but with the Lord's help I will get through all of this and be the better for it. Life is good though too.

I am so grateful for my wonderful family and the joy and beauty they bring to my life. I am also grateful for my friends and the beautiful people they are. I am so blessed.

No comments: