Friday, March 13, 2009

Happy 5th Birthday Alex!

That's right...it's my grandsons 5th birthday today...can you believe it? I can't believe how quickly time flies, but I already know because my children are all grown up. Back to Alex though.

I remember the day our sweet little grandson was born. He's our first and it had been such a roller coaster ride that whole week before with Christina having such problems with pre eclampsia and worse. Alex was 2 months early and only weighed 3 lb 11 oz when he was born. He was a c-section and I waited anxiously outside the surgery room for Christina while Alex went with his daddy and other grandma over to the NICU. I got a quick glance at him as they took him by in his incubator and he was so beautiful...my new little grandson. I was a grandma! I was so excited!!!

I will never forget the first time I got to hold this precious little man...he was so tiny, so absolutely tiny, but immediately had my heart wrapped up in him. He was so strong and did so great, he never had to be intibated and was breathing on his own. He is so dynamic and is such a strong spirit...we ADORE our incredibly joyful Alex! He was in the NICU for a month and we were so incredibly happy when he got to come home, somewhere around 4 1/2 to 5 pounds, Christina knows for sure. It was so awesome to be able to hold this tiny little man with this huge spirit and be able to just sit and love, love, love him.

He is so incredible...he is so smart...he was looking at books and loving them from about 6 months on. He has known his letters since he was around 2 years old. He is so intelligent and has always drawn the attention of anyone around him. His personality is HUGE and he has always enchanted those that meet him. His smile lights up the room and his enthusiasm is so contagious. He has a love for life and is just so amazing!!!

I am so grateful to have such an amazing, wonderful Alex in my life.

Words do not adequately express the joy that I find in having such sweet grandchildren, all three are so beautiful and amazing. They truly are the reward for having such great children. I am so grateful for all of my beautiful children and the gift of grandchildren that Christina and Ray have given to me.

So...here's to you Alex, on your special day.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALEX!!!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Beautiful :) Your words were just very much that little one I know :)
Happy Birthday Alex :D