So, last night I was busy making sugar cookies for my boss. I brought in decorations for St. Patricks Day around the first of the month and my boss asked me if that meant we would have cookies shaped like shamrocks with the sprinkles on them. I laughed and told him that I would make him those cookies but with my recipe as they would be better than the store bought ones.
I have such a good sugar cookie recipe that I got over 24 years ago from a sweet lady in Colorado. I LOVE it so I can't make them very often. With homemade frosting, YUMMY!
Anyway...my mouth is watering thinking about them in the other room. It could be hunger though as it is breakfast time...hmmm...anyway...
I got to work yesterday and realized that I hadn't made the cookie dough yet and I probably would have forgotten to make them. That would have meant tons of teasing from my boss...I've known him for about 17 years now and have worked for him for a little over a year now, he's a good guy. So, I wrote a note to myself to remember that I had to make them. I got home and mixed the dough and had to let them chill. I decided about 9:45 last night to roll them out and get them started. Late, I know, but I figured I could get a couple of batches made before getting to bed. So...I decided to make a batch with the sprinkles on them and a plain batch so I can frost them. They are best with frosting, just extra yummyness!!! I got two batches done and it was time for bed.
I must say that I woke up thinking of those silly cookies and how I still have to make some more this morning so there are enough for all of the officers, I'll put theirs in individual baggies...but they are so good. I got up earlier than usual and am here on my computer instead of finishing making those cookies. I'll finish them soon...just had to share my cookie story.
So...Happy St. Patricks Day to one and all. Off to enjoy some more delicious sugar cookies!
Almost another year older.
13 years ago





1 comment:
Well since that recipie was shared to you does that mean you're going to share it with ME??? LOL I could definately use a good recipie right now for good sugar cookies. LOL
Post a Comment