So...I am enjoying a few days off from summer school until I start regular work on Thursday. The time is going so quickly and I can't believe it's almost time to begin regular work once again. I am grateful for the work though as it is a paycheck...that helps to pay the bills. Chuck is going to be off a bit more this month than we thought so any money we can get is good right now. It is all okay, just stressful.
It's been a fun few days. My niece, Nikki, flew in on Friday and has stayed with us until today. It was so much fun to play games in the evening with Nikki at Christina and Ray's home. Catherine was there too and we laughed so much...playing "Apples to Apples" was just a fun time. We got together and played on Friday and Saturday night and the everyone came to our house. Nikki was gone though and got back right when Christina and Ray and the kids were leaving but I still enjoyed visiting with Nikki. I'm sure her family is so happy to get her back this evening but I wish she could have stayed a day or so longer. It was a fun weekend though and now I get to spend the next few days enjoying Chuck and Daniel.
Daniel reports to the MTC in 23 days...it is going way too quickly but I knew that it would. He's starting to think of it as an adventure he's going to be going on and that's a good thing. He is going to be a fantastic missionary and will have some wonderful experiences in Chile. He is such an incredible young man and I am so proud of him. I will miss Daniel so much, I missed Michael too, but I wouldn't want him anywhere else but serving the Lord for the next two years. Some fun times are ahead, that's for sure. I thought we would have an empty nest to get used to but our daughter, Catherine, is living with us for the time being so we will have the joy of having her here while Daniel is gone.
Well...gotta get some things done around the house and enjoy my husbands company.
Almost another year older.
13 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment