Sunday, August 16, 2009

Daniels Farewell

So today was Daniels farewell. He spoke in church on Obedience. Sister Rasmussen and Brother Turner were the two that spoke with him. They had a confirmation for two young girls who were baptized last night so the meeting took a bit longer than planned on. So by the time Daniel was to speak it was time for the meeting to be finished. We sang one verse of the practice hymn and then the bishopric told Daniel to go ahead and give his talk. Daniel gave a wonderful talk and the meeting ran over by 10 to 15 minutes. It was worth it though as all of the talks were very good.

Then this afternoon we had an open house for Daniel from 2 to 4 pm. Daniel wasn't sure anyone would even come but we had a houseful of people. Catherine took pictures of those that were here and it was just so nice to have so many people come to wish Daniel well as he gets ready to leave for the next two years. I think he was very please and surprised to see all of the support that he really has from the members of the ward. I am so glad that I went ahead and had this open house for Daniel...he is such a great young man and I am so proud of him.

So...that was our day...very busy with lots of good friends. I am so blessed and I appreciate what my Heavenly Father has given me so much. I am so grateful for children that honor their testimony of the Lord Jesus Christ, that know and love Him and will do whatever He asks of them. I have a testimony of the Lord, Jesus Christ, and my Heavenly Father. I love Them so much. I am so grateful for my wonderful family and friends. I am blessed with the challenges that come with the blessings but I know that with my Heavenly Fathers help I can get through anything.

Daniel going on a mission is one of those challenges and blessings. It is something that I have always wanted my sons to do, serve honorable missions for this church, but it is still hard to let them go for two years to places we have never been. I wouldn't want Daniel anywhere else though and am so glad that he has chosen to serve for the next two years. I have set up a missionary site blog so that our friends and family can keep in touch with what he is doing on his mission.

1 comment:

Http://whatmeeganmakes.com said...

What a wonderful and beautiful day! We wish we could have been there to share it with you! It is always bitter sweet to send a missionary. But, truly in the end, you would not want them anywhere else. The Lord knows where they should be at this time in their lives to grow and develop into the man they need to become. Praying for all of you! Love ya.