So...on Saturday we went to the wedding of our friends daughter, Kay...and it was something else. We got there early so Chuck could take some pictures of the decorations and all. I got a seat and Chuck went around taking pictures. I found the seats to be at an incline so we were all a bit nervous about sitting down...if we toppled over we would take out the people on the other side of the aisle! :) That was interesting...but it was great seeing some people that I know that I hadn't seen for a while.
The wedding was about an hour but they started when they could. The groom comes out after his groomsmen and there are all of Kay's brothers behind him carrying shotguns. It was pretty funny and they were enjoying themselves with it. Greg, the groom, likes camoflouage so that was incorporated in the wedding decorations so having the brothers with the shotguns was a funny touch. Kay came out with her dad and said how happy she was that Greg showed up. :) The wedding got done and then on to pictures. Unfortunately, during the pictures a guy friend of Kay's gave her some Grey Goose Vodka (I don't know anything about alcohol) and she came out for the reception totally smashed!!! She hadn't eaten all day and this vodka wasn't a good idea. She later said she didn't want any hard alcohol at the wedding but the wedding place had it for people to purchase. So...the reception was so different...I have never been to a reception where the bride was drunk and I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. I felt so bad for my friends, Chuck and Elaine. They were pretty embarrassed and all I could do was sit and reassure them it was okay and we still love them and Kay. Oh well...this is what happened so we got through it and helped stay to clean up and got things taken care of before it was even supposed to be finished. The guests were leaving in droves as so many were unsure of what to say or do and were uncomfortable...it was pretty hard to see.
So...on Sunday we went to our friends house after stake conference to give them some moral support and they invited us to some lunch (food from the reception) and Kay came in. She looked so sheepish and so embarrassed and was ready to cry. She apologized and we told her we love her and she was so apologetic. She said she doesn't remember anything and that is the saddest thing of all...she doesn't remember her beautifully decorated reception with all of the family and friends there and all of the memories she should have as a new bride. She knows it is her fault and takes responsibility for it. I feel so bad for her but yet know that it's good she realizes what she did...we all learn from our mistakes, right?
So...Elaine and I went to Disneyland on Monday with Catherine. I figured Elaine needed to get out and relax and quit thinking about what happened on Saturday. We had a great time and I got my season pass since I'm not going for a full-time job anymore. Today I am so EXHAUSTED! It was so much fun but I am wiped out! :)
I must say how grateful I am for my daughters and their good choices they are making. There are good times to concentrate on from Saturday and I told Kay to remember them...that's what matters. I think it will be so wonderful when Kay and Gregg go to the temple some day...I pray that will happen sooner than later. There is so much that happened on Saturday but it's not for me to go into all of the happenings...just know that the wedding ceremony was the sweetest and I am grateful for that memory to overshadow all of the others.
I am adjusting to my Daniel being gone on his mission and I know that he is adjusting too. I think that's why my heart is calmer...at least I hope that's why. I am grateful to Daniel for his willingness to serve even though this is the hardest thing he has ever done. He is so AMAZING to me!
Almost another year older.
13 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment