Sunday, June 14, 2009

My 29th Wedding Anniversary and a Cruise!

It is so awesome to think that we leave on our cruise in about 5 days. I am so excited! I will have been married for 29 years on Friday and Chuck and I get to go and celebrate on a cruise ship...so much FUN!!! I am so looking forward to the relaxation that we will experience on the cruise, away from everything except for each other, wow, so great!

Chuck and I have been married for 29 years and boy, it seems like yesterday when we got married. I remember when I was that 18 year old girl and marrying the man of my dreams. We were newlyweds and I saw a couple come into church with their 3 or 4 children and I thought how someday that would be us. It seemed like it would be forever, and here we are...4 grown children and 3 wonderful grandchildren. I am so blessed in my husband, my children, my son-in-law, and my grandchildren. I know that more blessings will come as my other children marry and begin families of their own.


I know that Chuck and I have had our ups and downs, every marriage does, but I am grateful that we have both decided to work through our issues and find the happiness that we now have. It's a lot of hard work, marriage is, but it's worth it. I want to spend forever with my husband and my children and I am so blessed that we are a "Forever Family". I love the Lord and I am so grateful to Him for the many blessings he has given me.

Now I am waiting to send my sweet Daniel, my youngest, off on his mission to serve the Lord for 2 years. I am so proud of him for wanting to serve the Lord. This is what I have wished and hoped for since he was born. I am proud of Michael for serving the Lord first and setting the example and now I am proud of Daniel for wanting to serve the Lord also. This is the fondest wish of my heart, that my sons would serve the Lord and love the Lord...my two stripling warriors. Daniel will do great in Chile and the people there are so very blessed to have him coming to serve and love them also.

So...this Friday Chuck and I are leaving on our cruise to Mexico and I am so excited. We are leaving on our anniversary and we are going to have a GREAT time! I love it because it will be just the two of us with time to spend together, just the two of us together. I LOVE spending time with Chuck and have such a GREAT time with him. I love you Chuck, forever and ever. I am so glad we have forever together.

1 comment:

Http://whatmeeganmakes.com said...

Congratulations!!! Great post! Love you guys!