Well, it's been a while since I have posted so I thought maybe I should put an update on my blog. Time just seems to fly by most of the time. I can't believe it's already the 19th of January. Just thinking about the time that has passed makes me marvel at how quickly time can fly.
Daniel is in Chile on his mission and is on his second area. He wasn't in his first area for too long, just 2 1/2 months. He has had 2 companions and now has a third. He said that the Lord doesn't want him too comfortable and it is so true. I think it's good though because it keeps Daniel on his toes to move him to another area and a new companion. He is doing so great on his mission and working so hard. I am so proud of him and how great he is doing. He is working through his homesickness and is great about not thinking about his family except for just a little at night for prayers and holidays. He made it through the holidays and is moving forward...he's such an awesome young man. I am so proud of him and the choice he made to serve a mission for the Lord.
Michael was home for the holidays and that was great. I realized how much I miss having my sons around here at home. It was great getting to spend some time with Michael and enjoy him for a few weeks. I'm sure he was glad to get back up to college but I sure enjoyed having him home.
Catherine is keeping busy with her spa and still figuring out what else she might like to do in life. I am really loving having the opportunity to spend time with her as she lives at home once again. I don't worry about her now that she is living in California around family and am so proud of her for all that she is striving for. She is teaching Gospel Doctrine in her ward and is doing a great job. Catherine is such a wonderful woman.
Christina and Ray and the kids are a joy to me. I love, love, love to have my grandchildren come over. We get together every week and it is such a joy to me. Christina is talking about when they move to Idaho and I just pray it isn't for another year. I dont' know what I will do when they move so far away from us but know that we will follow as soon as we can.
It's so strange to have a count down to retirement for my sweetheart. Just a few more years and he will be able to retire from teaching at his high school. We laugh about when he graduates from high school we will buy him a class ring. It will be such a great accomplishment...he is such a wonderful teacher. I just hope that he will be able to continue to teach, maybe at a college, after he retires. I think he will go crazy without the classroom to go to.
Me? I'm just loving having a chance to be with my family. My favorite thing to do is hang with my family and my friends. Life has it's challenges, it's ups and downs, and when it is the down times I try to remember the good things and count my blessings. I am grateful for the experiences that I get to have, especially knowing that I can be with my family forever. That's what makes it worth it to get through the down times that I experience.
Today it is cloudy out and we are being blessed with rain. So much rain at once can be challenging, but what a blessing to have the moisture for the earth. I love it that we finally get some rain but also love how nice the weather is where we live most of the time.
Yes...life has it's ups and downs but with the Lord all things are possible. It's all in how we look at it, right? :)
Almost another year older.
13 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment