Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Time just keeps on slipping...slipping...slipping...into the future...

Wow...here it is January 25th...and Daniel has only 7 months to go before he comes home from Chile. He has grown so much, he is such an amazing young man. He has gone from being my little boy to being a man and the journey has been so wonderful to see.

Right now I am dealing with a bum left shoulder. I think it happened back in July when I was trying on a shirt at Wal-Mart and couldn't quite get it over my head. I moved my arm to get it off and hurt something...well...it's taken months but it has gotten worse. I now have very limited use of my arm, can't put my arm behind my back and the pain can be excruciating when my arm gets jarred a certain way. The pain just keeps getting worse and I finally went to the doctor as I couldn't stand it any long. So I got an x-ray and the doctor said I have osteo arthritis. It's not any better and I went in again and now have had an MRI. We'll see what that tells us. I take 800 mg of Ibuprofen and vicoden and it isn't really touching it. Oh well...I don't want to be a complainer so we will see what the test results are.

Catherine is doing better right now with clients booking more often. Her clientele is growing and our prayers are being answered. She is looking to go back to school to become an MA and then nursing...that seems to be the plan for now anyway. She needs a job with benefits and a steady income so I am thrilled that she is working on getting back in school. It is fun having my Catherine around.

Michael is a senior at BYU Provo and working hard to complete his bachelor's degree and then on to Physician's Assistant College. He's such a wonderful young man...I just loved having him home for Christmas and getting to see him for 2 weeks. I so love my Michael.

Daniel is just doing so fantastic on his mission. He doesn't want to think about coming home in 7 months and I encourage him not to. He needs to concentrate on what he is doing and continue to do a great job in Chile loving the people and bringing them the gospel. I so can't wait to see him in 7 months though...I miss my gentle giant. He has lost so much weight and is looking amazing...he will have to work at keeping it all off after he gets home, that's for sure.

Christina is such a great mommy and is sure making a name for herself in the digital scrapbooking world. She is such a talented artist.

I just love being a grandma...my grandkids are just the best! They bring sunshine to my heart...they are my sunshine! :)

I am so blessed even with the challenge of my shoulder. What would life be without it's challenges? It's how we get through them that matters most.

No comments: